Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Collect blood from patients following established standards and
practices. Assure the quality of the specimen. Assume the
responsibility for the safety and comfort of patient.
- * Consult with and keep supervisor informed of activities,
needs, and problems. Use proper technique and equipment in
performance of duties. Follow strict principles of asepsis and
antisepsis in performing duties.
- * Maintain established hospital and departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, performance improvement, safety,
environmental and infection control, and comply with the
requirements of the New York State Department of Health, Joint
Commission and College of American Pathologists.
- * Maintains phlebotomy supplies, assist technologists in
maintaining the general supply storage area when deliveries arrive,
fills physicians supply requests and works in the Processing
Department. Perform other duties as directed by the Laboratory
Operations Manager or Supervisors.
- * Provide customer service for the outpatient testing area.
Greets outpatients, processes paperwork, answer questions in regard
to specimen requirements, reference tests, and ordering tests not
in the computer system and performs order entry. Will be required
to go off site for blood collection when needed. Perform clerical
duties as needed.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Graduted from an accrediated Phlebotomy program,
- Minimum of one (1) year Phlebotomy experience, required. OR
Phlebotomy / Medical Assistant education program,
- Knowledge of laboratory computer, preferred. One year
phlebotomy experience preferred
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Phlebotomist, Healthcare , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!