Director, Patient Experience Home Care & Hospice
Company: Catholic Health
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Position SummaryResponsible for the strategic development,
planning, execution, and oversight of Patient Experience (PX) and
all related programs, strategies, initiatives, policies, and
procedures for Home Care, Hospice, and Long-Term Care. This
position leads the PX mission for Home Care and Hospice under the
guidance of the System Chief Quality/Patient Experience Officer and
drives its success in PX and HCAPHS metrics. Manages, develops,
implements, promotes and evaluates all PX programs, strategies,
initiatives, policies, and procedures across the continuum and in
alignment with both Home Care and Hospice and the System strategy.
Works collaboratively with all other performance improvement
programs and organizational goals, including our Journey to High
Reliability. Provides strategic direction and training on PX to
professional staff, managers, and all employees and volunteers.
Manages all efforts to ensure the highest patient, staff, and
leadership satisfaction on PX.Essential Job Duties
- Executes the System plan around PX, including, but not limited
to, training, evaluation activity, and improvement plans.
- Evaluates Home Care and Hospice results to identify
opportunities for improvement in PX ratings and global patient
experience. Provides recommendations, action plans, and timelines
- Assesses employee engagement and physician satisfaction as
related to patient experience.
- Develops targeted coaching plans and improvement goals to
improve results, in sync with System activities.
- Identifies opportunities for engaging physicians in patient
experience improvement activities. Develops and implements
strategies and coaching plans for Physicians.
- Engages in the process of periodic review and updates of
policies, procedures, and standards, as applicable to PX.
- Assist in the development of specific curriculum and materials
as needed to facilitate an exceptional patient experience that
support performance standards throughout Division facilities.
- Collaborates with Senior Leadership and management team of
organizational development to incorporate patient experience
improvement in facility initiatives/programs.
- Provides senior leadership with in-depth analysis of all
patient metrics, PX Surveys, written and verbal compliments and
complaints, and qualitative data from multiple sources.
- Drives institutional improvement strategies; Measures, monitors
and assesses the outcomes of all initiatives; Collaborates with
senior leaders to achieve goals as delineated by the System.
- Provides one-on-one coaching for leaders and key staff to
improve customer satisfaction results
- Provides regular communication to division leadership on
project timelines and progress.
- Educates managers and line employees in the philosophy and
techniques of patient experience improvement, using I-CARE values
to drive behavior.
- Identifies and assists struggling departments, celebrate
successes, and encourages stretch goals.
- Any other related request, as directed by the System Chief
Quality/Patient Experience Officer. EducationBachelor's Degree in
Health Care Administration, Public Relations, Communications, Human
Resources or related field, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
Healthcare / Clinical education will be evaluated on an individual
basis. Certification in PX preferred.ExperienceMinimum of three
years' experience within Organizational Development /
Organizational Change, Human Resources, Hospitality or service
industry. Prior Home Care / Hospice experience preferred.
Experience working in or leading a PX Department preferred.Other
- Strong interpersonal (oral and written), facilitation, coaching
and mentoring, and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience in
leading by influence. Must exemplify key leadership
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and
develop appropriate action plans for multidisciplinary
- Proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, group
interaction and dynamics, project management, cost effectiveness
and budget management.
- Demonstrated skills in complex analytic problem solving,
project management, change management and group process.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret
- Strong process orientation, efficiency, collaboration, candor,
openness and results orientation.
- User knowledge of relevant computer systems/applications.
- Ability to research, summarize and communicate to the public,
both verbally and in writing.
- Polished facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and implementation skills.
Keywords: Catholic Health, New Haven , Director, Patient Experience Home Care & Hospice, Healthcare , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!