Associate Clinical Professional Development Educator
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Req Number 50483Job DescriptionJob DescriptionDevelops and
provides orientation, staff development and continuing education
for all levels of nursing and related departments.Job
- Formulates and implements orientation program; assesses new
nurses and plans an orientation program based on the level and
scope of each individual's learning needs.
- Plans orient's assignments to provide experience and competence
in delivery of care; evaluates performance of orientee and shares
progress with orientee, Nurse Manager, and staff members assisting
- Collaborates with Nurse Manager to identify preceptors for
orientee; maintains documentation of orientee's progress; provides
staff development; coordinates needs assessments with nursing
leadership to plan staff development.
- Participates in appropriate clinical service meetings and
shares information regarding present programs, plans and future
offerings; provides guidance and remediation to nurses
participating in staff development.
- Provides all mandated in-service programs for all tours of
duty; orients staff to new equipment and procedures.
- Guides staff in providing patient teaching; functions
effectively within organizational structure.
- Communicates with nursing management regarding activities
affecting orientation, staff development and continuing education;
actively participates in all aspects of unit and service management
- Demonstrates flexible hours to meet education needs of staff as
needed; collaborates with nursing leadership to ensure continuing
education/competency assessments/required certifications are up to
- Makes frequent rounds to assess staff education needs and
provide intervention as necessary; organizes and carries out
special projects as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
in New York State required, BCLS required plus specialized
certifications as needed.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Associate Clinical Professional Development Educator, Healthcare , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!