Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionLeads clinical information systems
design, implementation and enhancement support to nurses, providers
and allied health professionals throughout the health system.
Assesses workflow related processes and requirements and
facilitates operational improvements along with system enhancements
and modifications to meet clinician requirements. Provides guidance
to clinical informatics specialists and analysts, while providing
project oversight and direction. Recommends and implements approved
system optimizations.Job Responsibility
- Collaborates with management and clinicians in designing,
implementing and maintaining clinical systems. Assists in the
development of design specifications in support of new or modified
clinical applications, regulatory requirements, and best
- Documents current processes to establish a baseline for
developmental improvements of future workflows. Validates work
developed by informaticists and support teams. Analyzes,
recommends, and assists with implementing new and improved
processes and workflows.
- Provides direction to clinical informatics team in all project
initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of team members as
liaisons to system users.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and process improvement teams
to identify potential uses of the information systems and potential
improvements in current use of systems.
- Supports the integration and use of evidence-based methods,
tools, and guidelines linked to effective outcomes.
- Supports data analytics, including quality of care measures, to
improve population health outcomes and global health. Supports
clinical staff in the real time application of information to
change healthcare delivery and affect patient outcomes.
- Models expert clinical informatics practice to
interprofessional team members and healthcare consumers.
- Mentors informatics specialists in the acquisition of clinical
knowledge, skills, abilities, and judgment.
- Develops and teaches the theory and practice of clinical
- Provides leadership on informatics projects including
coordination of resources, timelines, and deliverables.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.Job Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Healthcare Management,
Allied Health, Information Systems, or related field, required.
Master's Degree, preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
or other heathcare discipline in New York State required.
- 3-5 years healthcare related clinical experience required.
- Minimum of 3 year of relevant healthcare informatics
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist, Healthcare , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!