Nurse Specialist - SICU
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Stony Brook
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Job Description - Nurse Specialist - SICU (2100483) Nurse
Specialist - SICU - 2100483 Position Summary At Stony Brook
Medicine, a--Nurse Specialist designs and implements assessments,
interventions, and programs with Patients, Families, Communities,
Organizations, Populations, and/or Systems;--is a valuable member
of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient
population.-- Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior
patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while
adhering to our high standard of excellence. Duties of a Nurse
Specialist may include the following but are not limited to:
- Functions as a clinical nursing expert in the specialty area(s)
assigned by modeling exemplary advanced practice nursing and
- Consults and collaborates with an interdisciplinary healthcare
team. Utilizes transformational leadership in partnership with the
unit Medical Director, to advance patient care.
- Promotes evidence-based practice and research to generate new
knowledge in the specialty area(s).
- Advances the level of quality of care provided in the specialty
area(s) by contributing to and improving the patient-family
experience and outcomes.
- Demonstrates proficiency in technology, products, and devices
that support nursing practice in the specialty areas.
- Acts as a resource to assist the nursing staff in the
assessment of patient status, establishment of nursing diagnosis,
development of patient and family centered care plan, treatment and
evaluation of patients in specialty area, while maintaining
evidence based nursing practice.
- Assists in the provision of direct care to patients in the
specialty area(s) and models best nursing practice.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate all
aspects of patient care and ensures adequate communication within
and between members of the interdisciplinary team.--
- Assesses the quality of the patient-family experience and
responds to maintain the highest level of quality for patients in
the specialty area(s).
- Initiates unit-level research activities, as original inquiry
of the patient-family experience and the nursing/interdisciplinary
- Participates in organizational committees as a representative
of exemplary nursing practice.
- Models collaborative practice and engages direct care nurses in
the participation of interdisciplinary patient care rounds.
- Communicates with all members of the healthcare team within and
across specialty areas.
- Maintains patient centered care by engaging all members of the
healthcare team with the patient/family for decision-making.
- Assess and examines the Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators
and acts as the administrative agent responsible for the quality of
care delivered to patients and families across the specialty
- Communicates across all levels of organizational structure the
quality metrics germane to the specialty area(s).
- Responds collaboratively to maintain the highest measure of
- Examines and maintains differentiated and value based quality
processes to ensure quality goals are met for the specialty
- Engages in specialty specific learning and educational
opportunities relevant to the specialty area(s).
- Achieves and maintains specialty certification in the area of
- Develops and disseminates scholarly work related to the
specialty area(s) at the local and national level. Qualifications
Required: Current New York State RN License. Master's Degree in
Nursing.--Minimum three years clinical experience in specialty.
Proficiency in MS Office. Preferred: Previous experience as a
clinical professor in an academic institution. Previous experience
in a Clinical Nurse Specialist position. Previous experience in
clinical/staff education in an acute care setting. Certified as a
CNS or a NP in the specialty area of nursing practice.-- Special
Notes: ---- Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the
online application. Posting Overview: This position will remain
posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days.--An initial review
of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date.
Candidates are advised on the application that for full
consideration, applications must be received before the initial
review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date). If
within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the
position posted, additional applications will be considered for the
posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is
identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting
date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired
within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for
review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.--Smoking is
strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and
outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days
and shifts as necessary.--
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory
protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.--
- This function/position maybe designated as "essential." This
means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional
emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at
their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and
continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University
Hospital and related facilities. Prior to start date,-- the
selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and
obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3)
- Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
- Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State
license(s)/certificate(s). Failure to comply with any of the above
requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation
of the employment offer. *The hiring department will be responsible
for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and
the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status
and all other protected classes under federal or state laws. -- If
you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the
University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280. In
accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act
--a--copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here . Visit our --
WHY WORK HERE --page to learn about the-- total rewards --we offer.
Official Job Title : TH Senior Instructional Support Specialist Job
Field : Professional Clinical Primary Location Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Variable Shift Hours : 0830-1700 (flexible) Pass Days :
Keywords: CTI Education Group, New Haven , Nurse Specialist - SICU, Healthcare , Stony Brook, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!