Overview To be part of our organization, every employee should
understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and
live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered,
respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
The Navigator facilitates the multidisciplinary care of
Musculoskeletal patients with the goals of exceptional patient
care, patient experience, and clinical outcomes. The Nurse
Navigator improves patient preparedness for treatment through
education, review of clinical needs, and psychosocial support while
also facilitating interaction with patients and their physician(s)
and referrals as appropriate. The primary focus of this Navigator
is to assure that the Employer Engagement patients adhere to
clinical pathways and to promote patient engagement through
frequent communication and education.
* 1. Serves as a clinical navigator for the Employer Engagement
program and provides support to caregivers through guidance and
direction in the outpatient settings.
* 1.1 Assists in the recruitment of patients by providing an
onsite presence at employer locations across the YNHHS service area
* 2. Assists with coordination of care
* 2.1 Coordinates and assigns referrals according to pathway
* 3. Maintains knowledge base and participates in professional
* 3.1 Maintains knowledge base and participates in professional
* 4. Collaborates with physicians, nurses and staff to assess
educational needs of patients, families and community.
* 4.1 Educates patients and families throughout the continuum of
* 5. Demonstrates Professional Behavior
* 5.1 Collaborates respectfully with staff in all areas of
accountability and through matrix relationship with other
professional/hospital departments for professional services
* 6. Assists NOS leadership with reporting and quality
* 6.1 Assists in the development and implementation of evidence
based clinical pathways and ongoing updates based on research or
change in practice.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's degree in
Three (3) to five (5) years nursing experience in Orthopaedic
nursing. Experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings
preferred. Experience in a combination of the following is
essential: clinical care, clinical process improvement, outcomes
management, and physician relations. Excellent oral and written
Connecticut RN license required. BLS certification required.
Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, complex
academic medical environment where the Navigator works as a valued
member of the multidisciplinary team. Background in Orthopaedics
required. Knowledge of inpatient and outpatient EPIC preferred.
Must possess understanding of clinical processes. Must be self-
motivated, goal oriented and able to work independently. Must have
the ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively and
effectively in partnership with patients, families, physicians,
clinical staff, and hospital departments. Must have excellent
assessment, communication and organizational skills with the
ability to manage and follow through on multiple priorities.
Excellent critical thinking, analysis and assessment skills for
successful process improvement planning and monitoring. Proficient
in EPIC and Excel.
Must be able to drive to various sites and may be required to
attend evening meetings.