Location: New Haven
Posted on: November 14, 2023
We are seeking a (part-time or full-time) youth pastor to
oversee and to shepherd our spectacular youth (grades 6-12), which
in total is about 20-25 students. The youth pastor will work with
pastoral staff, as well as other lay-leaders of the English
ministry, to promote a life of intergenerational worship and
communal flourishing. In terms of the youth ministry itself, the
youth pastor will aim to foster loving-community among the
students; train robust and committed disciples; cultivate student
leaders by recognizing their gifts and talents; and incorporate
them into the life of our church by way of service, worship, and
fellowship. In light of our context, as noted above, the youth
pastor should have some familiarity with, as well as a sensitivity
for, the minority/immigrant experience.The primary responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Friday Night - Lead and organize effective youth programs for
weekly Friday night gatherings.
- Sunday School - Teach engaging courses for Sunday school(s)
that promote a greater understanding of Christ and a love for his
- Counseling - Provide one-on-one counseling and spiritual
direction for students.
- Discipleship - Raise up student-leaders for ecclesial service;
disciple students for effective Christian witness.
- Prayer - Daily intercede on behalf of students, parents, and
- Preaching - Preach for Sunday service once a month (preferred
but not required).
- Youth Workers - Recruit and train volunteer youth workers, by
forming a leadership team of mutual trust and affection.
- Parent Support - Walk alongside parents in their unique
challenges of raising and relating to their students; help them
better discern their calling and responsibility as Christian
- Retreats - Develop retreat programs throughout the school year
that enables students to rest, fellowship, and form a deeper
connection with Christ.
- Communication - Inform students and parents of ongoing
activities; provide parents (and church leaders) any pertinent
updates, such as ministry plans and strategies, that also invites
their partnership and support.
- Budget - Assist in the development and oversight of the youth
ministry's budget; when applicable, manage students' fees in a
- Church Leadership - Regularly participate in board meetings,
and assist in the evaluation and development of the church as a
- Theological Culture - Foster a culture of theological awareness
(i.e. of what God is doing in Christ through the community he has
formed for himself), by helping students embody Christ in all their
forms of life together through faith, love, and mutual service.How
To ApplyPlease send all application materials and/or inquiries to
firstname.lastname@example.org . A complete application will include the
candidate's resum--, cover letter, list of three references, and if
available a sermon sample (in the form of either a written
manuscript or online recording).
Keywords: Ministrylist, New Haven , Ministry Director, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!