Company: Citarella Gourmet Market
Location: East Hampton
Posted on: January 27, 2023
***HIRING BONUS UP TO $2000 WITH CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT*** - (full
details shared during interview)Since 1912, Citarella has been a
part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality
and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly
offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats
along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we
have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value
and service.Role Overview:Our Department Managers are responsible
for maintaining the quality and freshness of our products. They
ensure this is done by owning supervision of all aspects of their
department, including their associates. Having control of their
on-hand inventory, understanding product rotation, all in effort of
executing accurate orders. They retain product knowledge of our
organic and non-organic items and downloading to their team to
ensure exceptional guest experience for all our
- Must always be guest focused while on the sales floor
- Supervision of all department staff. Train and develop
employees, assign employees to specific duties, works together as a
team and follows up to ensure expected results.
- Responsible for scheduling, coaching, and developing associates
in the department.
- Create/maintain a clear line of communication with the store
leadership team regarding any issues within the department. This
includes product quality, delivery concerns, employee relations,
order submissions, department equipment and attending weekly store
- Perform day to day department walk-throughs to help enforce
quality and freshness is held to Citarella standards.
- Overseeing/Following up on all incoming deliveries, checking
for product quality and freshness.
- Ensures adherence to all company standards regarding health and
safety for all products within the department, to ensure quality
and freshness is met. This includes following rotation and dating
- Weekly/daily follow-ups on department temperature logs, product
rotation, cleaning tasks and sanitation practices.
- Supervise, perform and delegate monthly deep cleaning task to
help maintain products and equipment.
- Ownership of department on-hand inventory and product rotation
when placing orders in efforts to execute accurate orders. (This
includes understanding product seasonality.)
- Oversee and review all waste in the department utilizing daily
movement reports, to ensure the right practices are taking place.
- Prior 2-3 years of experience in relevant management role.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience using an ordering scanner and computer
- Detailed oriented and time management.
- Vast knowledge with handling perishables and product rotation.
(This includes DOA practices.)
- Ability to train current and new employees in department
standards and product quality/freshness.
- Flexibility to work different shifts to gain a clear
understanding of the business needs.
- Adaptability - Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
and multitask. - -Additional Requirements:
- You will be occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift,
bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 20 - 75
- The position requires manual dexterity, visual skills and the
ability to follow written and oral instructions and
- Ability to work within a temperature-controlled
- Willing to work hand to hand with other departments when
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs change.
- Reporting to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in
the correct uniform.
- Maintain a clean and safety work environment by following
Citarella standards and DOA.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends
and holidays.IN RETURN, WE OFFER!Competitive Wages,
Medical/Dental/Vision /Company sponsored life insurance benefits,
Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k
Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!Citarella is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE) -
Keywords: Citarella Gourmet Market, New Haven , Department Manager, Executive , East Hampton, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!