Company: National Health Care Association 2020
Posted on: January 25, 2023
TITLE: MDS Coordinator/Director
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for overseeing comprehensive resident
care plans through clinical assessment, review of resident's
medical history, personal interviews and completion of MDS.
Responsible for coordinating interdisciplinary resident care
conferences with Social Services staff.
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Administrator
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUBORDINATES: MDS Coordinators
- Coordinates and completes the MDS with appropriate CAAs and
trigger worksheets; determines assessment reference dates.
- Reviews resident's medical history.
- Interviews appropriate unit staff.
- Reviews resident care plans using information available and
resident care plan library during MDS completion window.
- Daily review of rehab software for unscheduled assessments.
- Updates resident care plan library as necessary.
- Monitors follow-through of resident care plans with Unit
Managers, report non-compliance to DNS.
- Audits Resident's Medical Record for Q.A. for areas with MDS
- Ensures correct/timely computer input.
- Remains current/seeks appropriate in-servicing.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to
follow oral and written instruction.
- Interest in the needs of the aged and chronically ill, with the
ability to work with the elderly.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff
in the performance of duties.
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of
the position assignments.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of employment.
- Has working knowledge of MDS and PPS process
- Knowledge of the Submission Process and Interpretation of
- MDS certification preferred.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper
body mechanics required-bending, stooping, turning, stretching,
reaching above the shoulders and occasional lifting are
- Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical
stress of the position.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the
Keywords: National Health Care Association 2020, New Haven , MDS Director, Executive , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!