Assistant Manager/Keyholder - New Haven, CT
Location: New Haven
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Our Story Since 1949 weve maintained a heritage of leadership,
innovation, service, and style. With great hope, energy, and a
shoestring budget, friends Ebner "Eb" Glooskin and Leonard "Len"
Seaman, opened a small "Workingman's" store in New Britain,
Connecticut. Their roadmap to success was simple - provide quality
products, offer them at fair prices, and deliver it all to
customers through great service. On a cold February morning in of
1949 the rst EbLens would open for business. Little did Ebner and
Leonard know that one day their rst store would be joined by dozens
more; not only in Connecticut but throughout Massachusetts, Rhode
Island, New York State, and New Hampshire. Fast forward through
decades of continuous operation, and you will nd the team at EbLens
still working hard to provide the very best retail experience to
their customers. After years of supplying all the necessities for
work, and a shift into army & navy surplus, todays EbLens has risen
from selling essentials to the whole family to a premiere retail
destination delivering the best and most sought after fashion
inspired by todays urban lifestyle. Times have changed since we
opened our rst store, and after years of serving countless
customers, we have too. For the latest information on our products,
events or promotions check us out at eblens.com or follow us on
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But after more than 65 years some
things never change. Wed still prefer you drop-in to one of our
many convenient locations and see for yourself how Eb & Len are at
it again!JOB OVERVIEW: EbLens is looking for top Retail Management
candidates to help lead New Englands #1 urban clothing and footwear
company.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day management of the
store in accordance with overall company policy.
- Provides sales oor leadership, including coaching, selling
techniques and proper zone coverage.
- Involved in the overall merchandising of the store, helping to
determine which products to feature, updating various displays and
providing direction to sales sta on all merchandising
- Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and
safety are met; Manages and motivates sta to increase sales and
- Ensures work schedules are adhered to and assigns employees to
- Deals with stang issues: providing input on; hiring potential
sta; employee appraisals and performance reviews; and assists in
training and development of sta.
- Ensures timely updates to inventory, including price
adjustments, transfers and replenishment of stock upon
- Responds to customer complaints and comments.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry,
understands forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitors what
local competitors are doing.
- Keeps Store Manager apprised of all activities / incidents
during his/her shift.REQUIREMENTS:
- -Previous experience in a retail sales environment with
increasing levels of responsibility and a working knowledge of
general retail practices and procedures.
- -Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate
- -Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- -Good merchandising skills.
- -Management experience in a retail sales environment or similar
fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.BENEFITS:
- -Vacation and sick time
- -Medical and dental insurance
- -Casual dress code
- -Employee discount
- -Weekly pay#CBPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: EbLens, New Haven , Assistant Manager/Keyholder - New Haven, CT, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!