Senior Manager IT Business Partner - Research
Company: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Location: New Haven
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job
where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people
living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We
are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in
all we do to help patients and families fully live their best
lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and
recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of
our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for
This is what you will do:
This position will partner on business strategy and driving process
and technology across Data Sciences/Bioinformatics/Genomics,
Internal Research, External Research, Bioanalytical Development,
Translational Medicine, Pre-Clinical Research, and Discovery
Sciences. The role will require the ability to match IT strategy to
Research priorities and then translate this strategy into execution
with a "hands-on" approach to delivering IT solutions. You will
work with IT and business partners to build an outstanding
architecture framework and strategy, implementation roadmaps, and
governance, to support the constantly evolving needs in the
BioPharma industry. The resulting strategy will be based on
industry guidelines and Alexion standards, while periodically
evolving in alignment with future business needs and capabilities.
You will apply the strategic framework to establish a target-state
architecture that will guide the design, development, and delivery
of key IT solutions in supporting the business strategy/needs.
* You must have excellent communication and customer service skills
and must be prepared to regularly use these skills in presentations
to colleagues. Constructive communication will be encouraged down
to the most junior staff members as well as up the leadership
ladder. In all endeavors, they must maintain a professional level
of preparation and performance.
* In addition, you must stay abreast of new technologies and be
willing to present and/or train fellow team members on the
technologies. You should have a demeanor of continuous improvement
and strive to make one thing better every day.
* You must also manage ambiguity and complexity, optimize work
processes and drive engagement, get results, and overall drive the
implementation and adoption of business IT Quality and Laboratory
systems to meet the Business requirements. Alexion process demands
that operational streamlining and efficiency is driven by a simple,
compliant, and suitable business process that meets the strategic
goals of accommodating growth and compliance.
You will be responsible for:
* Serve as the IT Leader and focal point to build a business
partnership for the Research business areas: Data
Sciences/Bioinformatics/Genomics, Clinical Pharmacology, Internal
Research, External Research, Bioanalytical Development,
Translational Medicine, Pre-Clinical Research and Discovery
* Develop and maintain strategy and roadmaps for the information,
data, and process needs of the business areas listed.
* Recruit appropriate talent (Business Architects, Business
Analysts, Project Managers, and Architects with specific domain
knowledge) and handle vendors and vendor relationships as
* Be responsible for the authoring of documentation such as
requirements specifications, data models, test plans, and other
* Partner with IT and Research leaders to clarify requirements and
prepare appropriate project deliverables and requirements.
* Drive the execution of IT projects in collaboration with
suppliers, business partners, team, and management.
* Anticipate, understand, and communicate the implications of
technical decisions on the business, application, and project
timelines and influence decisions accordingly.
* Define, lead, and implement technical work, software integration,
and data integration activities.
* Partner with Strategic Sourcing on vendor and license management
for software and vendor/supplier support services.
* Support the business in achieving its business and compliance
* Manage the IT Research, Product Development, Clinical Supply, and
lab systems quality events including deviations, CAPAs,
effectiveness checks, periodic reviews, user access reviews and
audit trail reviews.
* Provide audit support for applications where appropriate.
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's Degree preferably in IT/ or Business-related
* 3+ years progressive experience in Research / Quality /
Laboratory systems within a regulated enterprise environment.
* Strong cross-functional knowledge across Quality Control &
associated Technologies & Processes.
* Quality Control Network Infrastructure understanding.
* Computer Systems Validation, GAMP5 experience and familiarity
with both regulatory (GxP) and corporate compliance domains.
* Project Management experience 3+ years.
* Systems selection process and RFP.
* IT Tools and processes as it relates to ITIL/ISPE.
* Application Management & Configuration management.
* 3 years at management level.
* 3+ years Relationship management.
* The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office
environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must
be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer;
engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic
messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought,
analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general
availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
* Detail-oriented and ability to work independently and
collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment.
* Prior experience integrating systems to support lab data capture,
analysis, scientific knowledge management, and enabling external
* Experience with Research laboratory systems and processes (ELN,
SDMS, bioinformatics platforms, lab automation, protein/molecular
sciences & engineering, drug screening, biologics research,
preclinical research), analytical chemistry, fermentation, and
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with
colleagues at all levels.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking
* Strategic mindset and experience with supporting a Research
* Ability to act decisively in an uncertain environment.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving
patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating
conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization
of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts,
Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more
than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a
culture of belonging where every single person can belong because
of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about
employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and
conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or
lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national
origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy,
(including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy),
military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical
condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion
has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and
patients from COVID-19 and its variants. All US-based employees
must comply with Alexion's COVID-19 vaccination mandate. Alexion
provides exceptions based on applicable state law as well as
reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and
employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding
a legally required exemption or accommodation, please contact
accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion offers a highly
competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a
comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health,
wellness and financial security of our employees and their
families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental
coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with
company match, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the
creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you're interested
in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.
Keywords: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., New Haven , Senior Manager IT Business Partner - Research, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!