Chief Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer
Company: Innovations for Poverty Action
Location: New Haven
Posted on: September 22, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The
toolbar contains the followingThe AudioEye Help Desk to report
accessibility and usability related issues.The AudioEye
Certification Statement to explain the ongoing web accessibility
and usability enhancements for this website.The Player tool to
listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a
substitute for your screen reader. If you are unable to complete
this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask
for an accommodation or an alternative application process. Chief
Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer Full Time Senior Director New
Haven, CT, US 30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1368
- Provide vision and leadership for the IPA's fundraising
strategy and implementation.
- Work closely with senior management to set, drive, and deliver
annual fundraising goals.
- Develop and communicate a resource mobilization strategy to
achieve these goals that includes unrestricted as well as
restricted funding, including new sources of revenue. -
- Communicate and engage with the Board of Directors on the
organization's resource mobilization strategy.
- Develop a strong understanding of IPA's programs and
interventions and stay up to date with developments in the
international development sector, and the evidence to impact
- Identify funding needs and opportunities by working closely
with programs leads and the Executive Director to develop a case
for support that can be used as a pitch deck for both institutional
and individual partners.
- Work with the Communications team to develop a campaign
starting 2022 for IPA's 20th Anniversary which will provide IPA
with long term funding to sustain and grow its mission. -
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Philanthropy team,
which is led by the Associate Director of Philanthropy and includes
2 additional members.
- Maintain, strengthen, and grow portfolio of major donors by
developing a stewardship program and a strategy to identify new
- Directly steward a portfolio of major donors and prospects by
establishing contacts, building relationships, and presenting key
asks to major donors to support IPA's strategic ambitions.
- Lead and mentor staff on researching and assessing potential
donors and help
- cultivate these new relationships.
- Determine if a planned giving program is a viable option for
- Partner with the communications team to develop and implement a
donor communications strategy and ensure that IPA's brand and image
reflects its evolving strategy and identity. Institutional
- Identify new ways to raise resources for IPA's work, including
but not limited to identifying new funding sources, or exploring
Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to staff across the
organization on funder stewarding.
- Work with the Business Development (BD) team, which is led by
the Director of Business Development and includes 5 additional
members, to develop and carry-out a strategy for funding priority
IPA initiatives. -
- In partnership with the BD and programmatic teams, identify and
cultivate institutional funders who may provide unrestricted or
organizational support. Executive Support and Board Engagement
- As an SMT member, contribute to overall organizational
strategy, goal setting and oversight and advise the Executive
Director on key organizational issues.
- Support the Executive Director with fundraising activities and
internal/external communications (in partnership with the Director
- Support in Board engagement and recruitment of new Board
members, as well as Board members' fundraising activities and
support the Board fundraising committee with plans, direct
engagement, and periodic updates.
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager -
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures -
- Equivalent of master's degree. CFRE certification
- At least fifteen (15) years of proven development efforts
raising flexible and unrestricted funds in the international NGO
space with a demonstrable track record of continuous progression
into increasing levels of senior leadership positions. Experience
working with a research or academic organization preferred.
- Experience securing restricted revenues from institutional
funding sources, including Foundations and governments, preferred
- Expertise in donor strategy and best practices, including
designing and implementing organization-wide fundraising programs
to identify, qualify and engage diverse constituents through to
acquisition (major donors, foundations, corporates, and prospects
at all levels)
- Proven track record of creating and implementing a
comprehensive development strategy that met or exceeded
- Track record of personally soliciting and closing 6-figure or
more gifts from individuals as well as institutional
- Experience in designing marketing and fundraising
- Experience with researching, identifying, and securing funding
for capacity building and organizational support.
- Experience in best practices of prospecting and research of
prospects and donors (individual and institutional)
- Experience with pipeline management, including strong financial
acumen for forecasting. -
- Prior experience building out a newly established department,
including hiring, mentoring, and managing staff
- Experience with Salesforce, Raisers Edge, or similar CRM
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive
relationships internally and externally
- Passion for the mission, values, and goals of IPA Who You Are?
- You are an experienced development professional with project
- You are more than a manager; you are a mentor
- You are a relationship builder and exceptional
- You are resourceful and adaptable
- You are skilled at building processes and systems
- You break new ground
- You are values-aligned and understand the bigger picture
- You are driven to see evidence used to reduce poverty
Keywords: Innovations for Poverty Action, New Haven , Chief Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!