NewHavenRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for New Haven jobs

Medical Director of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention

Company: Fair Haven Community Health Care
Location: New Haven
Posted on: August 6, 2022

Job Description:

Fair Haven Community Health CareFHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 17locations.Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is "To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive."For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.Job purposeReporting to the Site Medical Director, the Medical Director of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention leads the FHCHC Diabetes Prevention Program [DPP], Diabetes Self-Management, and Intensive Lifestyle Intervention (ILI) programming. This is the clinical role that oversees related programs to achieve integration across diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention and management. Duties and responsibilities

  • Teaches group classes during diabetes screening events (oral glucose-tolerance test [OGTT] events) and conducts individual clinical encounters with participants.
  • Reviews OGTT results and provides clinical follow-up of results and treatment plans for patients with abnormalities/new diagnoses with DPP Nurse Coordinator.
  • Oversees and teaches ILI groups and oversees CDC data submissions and certification processes pertinent to DPP.
  • Integrates DPP and ILI data into existing quality improvement framework to support optimal quality metrics at the population level pertaining to diabetes and CV disease prevention.
  • Serves as quality coordinator for Diabetes Self Management Program. Submits relevant data to DPH in an accurate and timely fashion.
  • Develops and maintains community partnerships pertinent to the prevention and management of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
  • Conducts individual patient visits 70% of the time (which may include OGTT visits) and performs the remaining duties in normal more than 30% of the time.QualificationsMD/DO, PA, or APRN with demonstrated abilities in program management for at least one year. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with relationship-centered interpersonal skill, a detail orientation, financial thoughtfulness and with a hands-on leadership style. Fluency in Spanish is required. Those with Clinical Diabetes Educator certification, program management certification, and/or experience with quality improvement paradigms are highly encouraged to apply. Direction of OthersDPP Nurse CoordinatorOSHA StatusCategory I-Increased Risk PositionPotential exposure to hazardous waste and blood borne pathogens, clinical settingsPhysical requirementsPhysical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records, Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditionsManual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.American with Disabilities Requirements External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.

Keywords: Fair Haven Community Health Care, New Haven , Medical Director of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Connecticut jobs by following @recnetCT on Twitter!

New Haven RSS job feeds