Assistant Director for Family Reentry Behavioral Health New Haven
Company: Community Resources for Justice (CRJ)
Location: New Haven
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Assistant Director for Family Reentry Behavioral Health New
Haven Job Locations US-CT-New Haven ID 2022-6448 Type full-time
City New Haven State CT Overview At CRJ we change lives and
strengthen communities by advancing policy and delivering
individualized services that promote safety, justice, and
inclusion. Responsibilities Assist the Program Director in leading
a multidisciplinary team including : therapists,
casemanager/engagement specialists, data entry specialist,
psychiatrist, and nurse practitioners to provide behavioral health
services in an outpatient setting. Assist Program Director in
overseeing the clinical and administrative functions of the
program. Outpatient services include individual and group therapy
both in general outpatient and intensive outpatient programs for
both mental health and substance use treatment. Further services
include: casemanagement, clinical assessment including behavioral
health diagnosis and referral for medication management when
needed, crisis intervention, treatment planning, and aftercare.
Responsible for the service delivery targets, budget targets,
compliance with quality and reporting metric targets.
- Cover as the Program Director during Program Director
- Assist in training new staff on program requirements,
documentation, and group treatment curriculum.
- Meet with State of CT Judicial Branch Court Support Services
Division administrators for monthly meetings and audits to ensure
program deliverables are met.
- Work with billing department to ensure timely and accurate
submission of service claims.
- Participate in CRJ workgroups as needed to offer expertise and
guidance on new initiatives and program enhancements. CLINICAL:
- During Program Director absence lead clinical team meetings
daily to review clinical issues, service delivery, scheduling, and
difficult case conferences.
- Meet with external providers to collaborate clinical care and
market program to the community.
- Provide strengths-based, client-centered, and trauma-informed
assessments, group and individual treatment to clients with mental
illness and co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Administer substance use toxicology screens as needed.
- Assist Program Director in overseeing evidenced based treatment
is provided by well trained staff both ethically and appropriately
for clients served.
- Supervises and schedules all Line Staff plus participates in
staff meetings and treatment team meetings.
- Supervises, set limits, controls, structure and accountability
for clients as well as maintains and monitors information in
- Ensures that a comprehensive array of activities are offered as
per scheduled, maintaining and monitoring program funds with the
assistance of Shift Supervisors.
- Develops and secures appropriate resources for clients in the
areas of education, vocation, employment, volunteer work, and
recreation as per treatment team plans. Acts as advocate and
liaison for residents and families/guardians with outside
- Oversees referral and intake process, conducting interviews and
orientation as required, maintain contact with referring programs
and social workers as needed.
- Oversees and monitors point/level behavior management program
and maintains communications with all staff plus provide feedback
- Develops and maintains community, governmental and other public
and private resources and relationships plus participates in
professional committees. Qualifications
- Master's degree in social work, counseling or related field and
relevant clinical experience. Behavioral Health Licensure such as:
- Experienced in clinical supervision in an outpatient program
- Experience providing mental health and substance abuse
treatment both group and individual therapy required.
- Experience with third party billing preferred.
- Experience working with the criminal justice population
- Experienced in providing Cognitive Behavioral Treatment,
Dialectical Behavioral Treatment, Seeking Safety Treatment, and
working with criminal justice population preferred CRJ provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Community Resources for Justice (CRJ), New Haven , Assistant Director for Family Reentry Behavioral Health New Haven, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!