Front Office Manager
Company: Study Hotels
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Study at Yale is currently seeking a Front
Office Manager to provide genuine hospitality and the highest
quality of service to our guests. This position will be responsible
for overseeing all aspects of the Front Office operation including
front desk staff, reservations, PBX, security and guest services
ensuring external and internal customer satisfaction, financial
performance and employee relations. Candidate must have a minimum
of 2 years Hotel Front Office Management experience.Our caring and
attentive associates reinforce our principal belief that guest
service is our highest priority. We have opportunities for
energetic, service-oriented individuals who are experienced in
providing efficient service and memorable experiences.
- Provide the highest and most efficient level of hospitality and
customer service expected by our guests.
- Be computer savvy.
- Be passionate about delivering superior guest service.
- Present and conduct business in a professional and ethical
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be
capable of providing clear and concise direction.
- Supervise the training of all Front Office employees and
motivate them to perform their jobs effectively.
- Develop and maintain Front Office budget.
- Ensure exceptional guest service is delivered at the front desk
and guest services.
- Have the ability to motivate the workforce at all levels and
- Be able to lead independently and take complete ownership of
all aspects of daily operations for the front office
- Conduct monthly front office meetings.
- Complete the guest check-in and check-out processes, which
includes assigning guests their rooms and facilitating
- Maintains room inventory of vacancies, reservations, and
- Courteously answers inquiries and accept reservations, both in
person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates
and information and using suggestive selling techniques to sell
room nights, increasing occupancy and revenue.
- Coordinate with all hotel departments to manage guest requests
and answer general guest inquiries about the hotel and the
- Attends to guests' needs and requests, including setting up and
scheduling wake-up calls and outgoing taxis, making restaurant
recommendations, resolving billing issues and complaints.
- Regularly calculates and posts charges, receipts, cash
payments, and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash
handling methods and established procedures in order to present the
customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and
maintain accurate hotel records.
- Perform accordingly to the company handbook in regard to
policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Fundamentals
- Ability to maintain a friendly, cheerful, and courteous
demeanor at all times.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years Hotel Front Office
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Intermediate computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft
Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in English required. A second language is
- Strong organizational skills, including follow-up, time
management, and multitasking, and managing multiple priorities in a
- Ability to positively communicate and interact with all hotel
- Ability to grasp, lift and or carry, or otherwise, move goods
weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in an indoor setting
with a thematically climate-controlled workstation.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required. About
UsThe Study at Yale, the first property of the Study Hotels brand
is sophisticated, yet relaxed 124 rooms hotel located in the heart
of Yale University's vibrant Arts Campus in New Haven, Connecticut
- just steps away from the University's museums, theaters,
libraries and cultural centers. The Study captures the essence of
Yale and offers guests a level of personalized service, style and
comfort, unparalleled in the New Haven area. Literature, art, music
and thoughtful design are central themes, evident throughout our
inspired spaces.Eligible full-time team members are offered a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
life and disability insurances, paid time off, and paid
holidays.Study Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate based on age, race, religion, disability, nationality,
sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by
federal, state, or local law.Powered by JazzHRyvSCoI54nW
Keywords: Study Hotels, New Haven , Front Office Manager, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!