Senior Claim Director
Location: New Haven
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Claim Director-SG26 Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded
property and casualty insurer. - With operations in 54 countries,
Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty
insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance,
reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Chubb
is fundamentally committed to the creation of an inclusive,
respectful and equitable workplace. Through our policies and
practices for recruitment, development, retention and promotion, we
seek a diverse workforce that is effective in our markets and
communities and takes full advantage of the wide range of
experiences and backgrounds provided. We view diversity as a key
business driver that enables us to attract and retain the best
talent, thereby enabling our high performance in any location.
Summary This is a role focused on technical claim handling for
-Chubb's Personal Lines insureds in the New York and Northeast
Regions. - In this role you will manage complex general liability
and auto liability claims, both litigated and non-litigated, under
primary and excess Personal Lines policies. - This role requires an
individual to be accountable for the handling and disposition of
claims including investigation, coverage determination, reserving,
negotiation and settlement or trial strategies. - This position
will require some travel, as well as coordinating with and
servicing both internal and external business partners. - You will
represent the company at meetings with management and business
partners, as well as at mediations, arbitrations, settlement
conferences and trials. -Responsibilities
- Manage an inventory of Personal Lines Casualty claims involving
moderate to high severity exposures and complex coverage
- Conduct, coordinate, and direct investigation into loss facts,
damages and risk transfer opportunities.
- Evaluate coverage, liability, and damages to determine the
exposure to the insured and the policy.
- Analyze coverage and communicate coverage positions, as
warranted, within assigned authority.
- Demonstrate and implement effective defense, resolution and
- Direct and closely monitor assignments to experts and defense
counsel subject to established guidelines.
- Provide superior customer service to insureds, agents, and
internal business partners.
- Adhere to Best Practices Guidelines.
- Adhere to individual authority grants, all statutory and
regulatory requirements, fair claim practices and local compliance
requirements, including examiner licensing.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
Travel ranges from approximately 10% to 25% but it could be more as
dictated by business needs. Job Requirements: -Qualifications
- Five -or more years' experience as a casualty claim
professional with a high degree of specialized and technical
competence in the handling of high exposure complex claims with
emphasis on hands-on file and litigation management.
- Experience with primary and excess bodily injury, property
damage, and personal injury claims.
- Strong background and demonstrated ability in dealing with
significant coverage matters.
- An understanding of the tenets of insurance and legal
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and
- An ability to work independently and assimilate learning
materials on many different subjects from various sources. -
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills;
and an ability to deal with customers and business partners in a
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon
detailed analyses of complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong relational skills particularly in adverse
or high-pressure situations.
- Personal Lines experience preferred but not required.
- A law degree is not necessary but recommended. Who are we
looking for? Successful professionals at Chubb come from many
backgrounds with experiences rich in diversity that they bring with
them to our company along with:
- an inclusive mindset which allows differences to be leveraged
for better business results;
- open, transparent communication;
- teamwork and inclusion which draws on diverse ideas and
- new ideas, innovation, and ways of thinking which support
Keywords: Chubb, New Haven , Senior Claim Director, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!