Associate Director, Purchasing
Location: New Haven
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Open Positions : Associate Director, Purchasing Arvinas is a
clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in
targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first
company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform
technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in
2013, Arvinas' PROTAC-- Discovery Engine has been driving the most
significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas' pipeline
encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in
oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two
clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a
potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic
castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being
developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious
employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly
valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation,
think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company's
values and purpose - to improve the well-being of patients and
families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to
treat. It's an exciting time to be in drug development and it's an
exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don't just take our word for it
- here's what Arvinas employees are saying . For more information,
please visit www.arvinas.com . Position Summary The Associate
Director, Purchasing will recruit and lead the Purchasing Team and
develop new and enhance existing processes to enable the Company to
expand its research and development base and prepare for
commercialization activities. This high-profile position will be
involved in negotiations, monitoring purchase order delivery
compliance, establishing terms, and all other facets of the
purchasing process. The Associate Director, Purchasing will
establish procedures, practices and policies and ensure they are
adhered to by the team. This position reports to the Controller and
will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. We are
currently in a hybrid working environment. Key responsibilities of
this role include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritizes work assignments and balances multiple tasks,
including problem solving, to ensure all Purchasing Department
assigned task sets are completed as scheduled.
- Collaborates with scientific and other teams to negotiate terms
of services agreements, properly create purchase orders and manage
purchase orders in the system.
- Develop the Purchasing Team to grow with a rapidly expanding
company, including recruiting new members to the team, developing
personnel to create career opportunities, and align the department
with Company goals.
- Review current processes and make necessary recommendations to
identify cost effective and value-added processes, including
selecting and implementing new systems, to procure goods and
- Develop and manage key metrics on status of large purchase
orders and coordinate with Finance on proper accrual levels.
- Ensure the purchasing personnel are properly trained to perform
their duties in a timely and accurate fashion in support of other
- Investigate and recommend new sources of supply that provide
maximum value by delivering quality goods on time and at a low
cost. Work closely with scientific team to develop key
- Responsible for supplier management from tactical day-to-day
ordering, to performance reporting and taking corrective action as
- Work closely with the Finance team to resolve challenges for
Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Tackles additional tasks willingly and as needed.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical environment highly
- Seven (7) plus years buying experience.
- Three (3) years minimum experience in a manager role.
- Ability to solve problems with effective solutions and drives
objectivity and a research- and data-driven approach in procurement
- Understands internal and external customers needs and strives
to meet expectations.
- Experience negotiating with vendors; ability to manage external
- Resourcefulness - Flexible, adjusts readily to new situations
and changing priorities while effectively dealing with ambiguity,
stress and uncertainty. Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- C.P.M. or CPSM certification or equivalent a plus. Arvinas is
proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive
compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed
to support the health, wellness and financial security of our
employees and their families. Benefits include group medical,
vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance,
and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit
www.arvinas.com Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer Leading
the way in targeted
protein degradation therapeutics.
Keywords: Arvinas, New Haven , Associate Director, Purchasing, Executive , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!