Accounts Receivable Vendor Management Coordinator
Company: Catholic Health Services
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Accounts Receivable Vendor Management Coordinator Facility: CHS
Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Revenue Cycle
Administration Category: Administrative / Business Support
Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00 - 4:00 ReqNum:
6031908 Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an
integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's
finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six
hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home
nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency
for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the
Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of
Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the
beginning of life to helping people live their final years in
comfort, grace and dignity. Under the direction of the Director
and/or Manager, the Accounts Receivable Vendor Management
Coordinator facilitates and maintains relationship between Catholic
Health System and A/R extended business office vendors holding them
accountable to contractual agreements and obligations; and supports
the Director and/or Manager in negotiating contracts and creating
vendor standards and guidelines. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day management of multi-million
insurance outsourced A/R portfolio (currently $72.5 M).
- Works closely with the VP and Senior Leadership to research,
develop and implement various strategic initiatives to mitigate
risks for external vendors. Recommends process improvement and
- Measures vendor performance by creating and maintaining
scorecards and co-develops remediation plans when performance
deviates from contractual performance standards. Troubleshoots and
acts as a point of escalation for issues arising internally and
externally as a result of a vendor partnership
- Understands emerging risks; develops, tests and implements new
controls when required.
- Builds and maintains professional relationship with all
assigned vendors. Acts as a liaison between CHS and third party
vendors, helping to facilitate communications on AR issues with
Managed Care carriers & with Senior Leadership related to barriers
on vendor performance.
- Coordinates with vendors to communicate issues and goals,
fostering cooperation necessary to achieve desired results.
- Conducts quality assessments to ensure appropriate actions are
taken by vendor staff to ensure timely and accurate claim
payments.. Identifies and communicates both positive and negative
trends to the Director, participating in performance discussions as
requested by the Director.
- Compiles and organizes statistical data related to vendor
productivity and quality. Provides feedback to the vendor on
performance, accounts receivables, and progress towards financial
targets. Identifies trends and recommends improvements to enhance
workflows, training and advance productivity, and meet department
- Reviews and authorizes high-dollar adjustments as requested by
the vendors and provides feedback for denied requests.
- Facilitates A/R operations ensuring that aged accounts are
reviewed and resolved timely with minimal losses.
- Actively participates in payor meetings to communicate and
resolve barriers to billing and reimbursement as identified and
communicated by the vendors.
- Facilitates with case-specific Service Level Agreements and
contractual negotiations as identified by the third-party vendor
(e.g., single case agreements). Ensures requests for single case
agreements meet minimum thresholds for payment.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedure.
- Validates contract language and makes recommendations to the
- Performs other duties as requested. Requirements: Education:
High School diploma. Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience:
- A minimum of three years' experience in healthcare
reimbursement, healthcare customer service, or a related
- Demonstrable understanding of Vendor Management and ability to
read and understand contractual language.
- Knowledge of healthcare accounts receivable and revenue cycle
- Experience with data analysis in healthcare required.
Licensure/Certification: Industry certification (AHIMA, HFMA, AAPC,
etc.) preferred Skills:
- Strong computer skills and some experience in data analysis, as
well as ability to build fluency in multiple healthcare technology
and accounts receivable systems.
- Strong knowledge of medical insurance and healthcare
reimbursement, including knowledge of and adherence to HIPPA
regulations, knowledge of third party operations, and knowledge of
CPT, ICD 10 utilized in medical billing and medical billing
- Ability to set priorities and work independently, exercising
good judgment, and multi-task in a fast-paced service environment
with patients, insurance carriers, and leadership.
- Ability to comply with procedural guidelines and instructions
and to solicit assistance when situations arise that deviate from
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to
interact with all levels of customers both internal and
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with
insurance carriers, patients, leadership and colleagues.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and an attention to
- Understanding of legal contracts At Catholic Health Services of
Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive
compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In
addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid
time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial
tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several
savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island HIM Clerk
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island HIM Clerk
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island HIM Clerk Job Alerts
Find out about career opportunities, news and events at Catholic
Health Services. First Name Last Name Email Address (Required)
Upload Resume By uploading your resume you are not submitting an
application for employment. Stay up-to-date about the latest
opportunities at Catholic Health Services. Choose at least one
category and/or location from the auto-suggestions and click 'Add'
to subscribe. Category Location
- Administrative / Business Support, Melville, New York, United
- Management, Melville, New York, United States Remove Catholic
Health Services of Long Island acknowledges its commitment to the
policy for Equal Employment Opportunity by equal consideration of
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed,
national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation,
mental disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue
hardship or physical handicap, veteran or marital status, sexual
orientation or preference, or any other classification protected by
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, New Haven , Accounts Receivable Vendor Management Coordinator, Executive , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!