CT ELA Teacher
Company: Achievement First
Location: New Haven
Posted on: January 26, 2023
School Year : 2022-2023
Teaching at Achievement First:
Achievement First invites passionate educators to apply for the
position of Teacher . Teaching at Achievement First is an ideal
position for an educator with deep passion for instruction who is
eager to gain rigorous development to help perfect his/her craft.
In addition to participating in weekly professional development and
team planning meetings, teachers receive consistent high-impact
coaching and feedback from a school administrator or
teacher-leader. Furthermore, Achievement First has launched Teacher
Career Pathway, a systematic, coordinated approach to recognizing
and developing our teachers as they progress through five career
These stages were developed to celebrate excellent teachers and are
accompanied by increased compensation, recognition and professional
development opportunities. Achievement First is committed to
recruiting, developing and retaining excellent teachers.
Here, you will be the driver of high-quality instruction that
enables our scholars to develop a lifelong love of learning. You
will be your students' champion who believes all students are
capable of greatness and achievement far beyond what society has
been conditioned to accept. You will be a demander of excellence
for yourself, and your students, an educator who helps create a
vibrant school community where students have the type of powerful
school experience that fosters their best and most thoughtful
Responsibilities of Achievement First Elementary teachers will
include but are not limited to:
Outstanding academic achievement and personal development
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning
environment that excites and invests students to reach ambitious
- Build classroom community by partnering with families to
facilitate children's academic success and personal
- Utilize data from Achievement First's interim assessments to
drive instruction and intervention.
- Design and implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration
with grade or subject team.
- Exemplify AF's core values in all interactions with students,
families and colleagues.
Professional learning, development and growth
- Collaborate with coach, grade-level chair and school team to
improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
- Attend all professional development, team planning and data
- Participate enthusiastically in structured and informal
learning and development opportunities.
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic,
follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively
to feedback and a "roll-up-my-sleeves" attitude.
- Strong belief in the Achievement First mission, core values,
and educational model.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Two years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record
of high student achievement.
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 ; Master's degree
- If your GPA is between 2.75 and 3.0, you may submit additional
recommendations to be considered .
- New York, Connecticut or Rhode Island certified or in process
of obtaining a certification.
- NY: If you are not yet certified, you may learn more about the
Compensation & Benefits
- Employees at Achievement First are provided with a competitive
salary. Our salaries are set through a lens of equity, and based on
an individual's skills, education, and years of experience relevant
to the role. Teacher salaries in CT/RI range from
- As a regular full time employee of Achievement First, you will
be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and
life insurance as well as a 403(b) retirement benefit package with
match and paid Family Leave.
Achievement First is offering a $5,000 signing bonus for full-time,
school-based new hires for the 2022-23 school year in all three of
our regions (CT, NY, RI). Experienced Rhode Island educators in
hard-to-fill seats may be eligible for an additional bonus of
$2,500. Please note: This bonus does not apply to Principal
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an
organization that values diversity. People from all diverse
backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language
proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at
Achievement First here:
Keywords: Achievement First, New Haven , CT ELA Teacher, Education / Teaching , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!