Product Marketing Specialist
Company: Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Product Marketing Specialist
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon USA, a market leading in large format graphics, is looking for an experienced individual to take on the role of Product Marketing Specialist for the large format Roll to Roll and flatbed market. As a Product Marketing Specialist, the primary responsibilities are to drive demand generation, maximize the conversion of leads to sales, and manage product life cycles. The person in this role will own the business for their product lines and is charged with maximizing revenues and profits within their segment.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Mondays and Wednesday and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
- Develops specific marketing plans and activities for product lines to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
- Develops competitive marketing and pricing strategies in order to provide concise information and coordinated recommendations to the sales, pricing, contracting and marketing management on new and existing products.
- Analyzes data and provides recommendations for the development of marketing and incentive plans to increase the sales of a particular product and/or product lines. Ensures that appropriate personnel are aware of market conditions, Canon's position in the market, and comparative advantages of Canon versus competitive products.
- Creates sales presentations for existing and potential customers in order to ensure proper communication of product features and specifications.
- Assesses the needs of targeted segments within an assigned region by collecting market information from Canon's customers and/or dealers. Relays market information in order to participate in the development of appropriate marketing strategies and programs and ensure the proper positioning of Canon products.
- Coordinates the implementation and launch of marketing programs.
- Conducts training for Canon's sales and dealer personnel and provides the technological information and terminology required to communicate with the customers' management.
- Participates in industry trade shows, demonstrates products and fields questions from end users and dealers.
Please note: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Marketing or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Related experience in a sales and/or a marketing position supporting industry specific products.
Previous experience in b2b capital equipment marketing.
Possesses analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Experience with large format printers, a plus.
- Must be flexible for required travel.
The Company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020* and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
*Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon.
#LI-BH1 #CUSA #LI-HYBRID
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Canon U.S.A., Inc., New Haven , Product Marketing Specialist, Advertising , Melville, Connecticut
here to apply!