Location: Stony Brook
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Softheon builds software and automation solutions for health
insurers and government health agencies. Help shape the future of
health tech while working from home with incredible benefits that
reflect our commitment to expanding access to quality insurance.
Work for a fast-growing, established, and profitable company where
you can power whats next in healthcare.Position Summary: Softheon
is looking for a Controller to join our team. This person will be
responsible for preparation of the financial statements including
Balance sheet, Income Statement, Statement of cash flows, as well
as directing the accounts payable, payroll, billing, cash
management, accounts receivable and budget functions. If you are
someone who is diligent, professional, and enjoys clarity of tasks
and duties, this may be the role for you.RequirementsKey
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Supervise Finance staff.
- Prepare/review general ledger in connection with the monthly
- Research new and emerging accounting standards.
- Prepare /review monthly financial statements and provide a
monthly analysis of financial results.
- Management of the Company's annual budget process.
- Management of the Company's tax reporting process (Sales,
Payroll, Income Taxes).
- Assist with financial forecasts.
- Assist business lines with financial analysis for business
- Negotiate vendor contracts as required.
- Monitor company costs and identify opportunities for cost
savings and revenue enhancements.
- Review and update Finance department policies and procedures to
ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and functioning
- Coordinate annual audit with external auditors.Qualifications
- CPA license preferred.
- Accounting Degree: Bachelors in Accounting and MBA
- 10+ years of experience: Healthcare and SaaS company
- Public company and Merger and Acquisition experience a
Plus.BenefitsWhen you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to add value to a diverse team of
- Rise to new challenges everyday
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities
Softheon is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly believe
that employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We make
recruitment hiring decisions based on each candidate's experience
and skills. We value your passion to make healthcare affordable,
accessible, and plentiful. ABOUT US:As a leading software
development company, Softheon offers the decision to work remotely
or in-office. Softheon earned multiple placements on the Inc. 5000
in recent years due to its rapid growth. Softheons rich benefits
offerings include unlimited PTO, 401(k) matching, and 80% of health
care premiums paid.Founded in 2000, Softheons Software-as-a-Service
(SaaS) and Business Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) solutions solve
complex challenges for health plans and government health agencies.
Currently, Softheons solutions serve 8 State agencies and over 80
health plans.Issuers and consumers utilizing Medicaid, Medicare,
and the ACA Marketplace benefit from Softheons innovative
technology that reduces administrative overhead and enhances
user-experiences. To find out more about Softheon please visit
www.softheon.com.To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon
employees or any other company location. Softheon is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will
not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not
have a signed agreement with the Company.
Keywords: Softheon, New Haven , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Stony Brook, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!