Head of Finance
Location: New Haven
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Silver Maple Construction is seeking a skilled, entrepreneurial,
and results-oriented leader with experience in dynamic business
environments to lead and manage our finance/accounting and office
management team. This position reports to the CEO and oversees cost
and general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll and
risk management as well as office management functions.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and
enforcing policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Provide status on company financial position by collecting,
interpreting, and reporting key financial data to the CEO
- Partner with cross-functional leaders and teams to prepare the
annual budget, and quarterly revisions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal
requirements by researching existing and new GAAP proclamations,
legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial
- Manage all Federal and State taxes for the company
- Manage department and external audits, including vendor and
consulting management, workers compensation audit, commercial
general liability audit, job cost audits, annual financial audit
for multiple entities.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
- Manage and coach the administrative team, including office
manager, finance, and operations team. Staff will be around 4-6.
Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively
- Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting
functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure
- Assist with implementation and monitoring of 401(k) plan,
benefits plans and other expense program.
- Oversee job cost supervision and support to the Head of Project
Management relating to invoice preparation, job cost forecasting,
job cost process review and adherence, change management and review
of month-end project accounting activity and entries, preparation
of job cost allocations (overhead, equipment, indirect
- Assure the preparation of financial reports and complete an
analysis of project financial results to determine accuracy and
completeness of information.
- Analyze and find solutions to complex financial and accounting
problems and follow through to ensure completion.
- Ensure all financial activities and requirements relating to
project close-outs are carried out in a timely manner.
- Oversee/prepare cash and general ledger account
- Produce and disseminate management reports including, but not
limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements.
Responsible for quarterly and year-end accounting reports as
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable,
accounts receivable and payroll.
- Ensure accurate and timely management of all accounts
receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts
application, funding management including all associated financial
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which ensure the
integrity of the accounting and financial management
- Partner with leadership with accurate and timely work to
facilitate financial requirements.
- Oversee cash management and forecasting, as well as payroll,
payroll tax reporting, metrics, and compliance.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Required Skills:---Sound knowledge of accounting principles and
practices.---Performs duties with the highest level of integrity
and ethical standards.---Excellent analytical and problem-solving
skills.---Ability to process large amounts of numerical
data.---Proficiency in MS Excel and accounting software such as
QuickBooks---Effective written and verbal communication
skills.---Excellent management and supervisory skills.---Excellent
organizational and time management skills.---Proficient in in
Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Qualifications:---Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance,
Business Administration, or related field.---6-8 years or more of
related experience.---Construction industry experience
required.---Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management
Accountant designation preferred.---Applicants must reside in or
have immediate plans to relocate to the New Haven, Vermont area or
commutable distance from this location.
Physical Requirements: Standing/sitting for 4-8 hours per day, the
ability to work on a computer 4-6 hours per day.
Silver Maple Construction is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Keywords: Silvermapleconstruction, New Haven , Head of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!