Assurance Senior New Haven
Company: Marcum LLP
Location: New Haven
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Assurance Seniors to join our
growing and well established national firm in our Providence, RI
office. This position requires high energy, experienced audit
professionals with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Assurance Seniors will be responsible for performing engagement
field worked under the engagement Manager while overseeing
engagement staff accounts. Responsible for conducting several
client engagements simultaneously, while working under the
direction of a partner or manager. Oversee staff during audit
engagement. Train Interns through Seniors. Meet billable hour and
annual CPA requirements.
- Coordinate various phases of engagement, budget time and
expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, review work
papers for accuracy and completeness, and review financial
statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of
- Oversee audit planning, field work, and audit reporting;
prepare reports, and communicate findings and recommendations to
- Responsible for the daily supervision and development of
- Monitor actual time incurred and analyze actual time versus
- Ensure engagement manager and partner is updated timely on all
aspects of the engagement.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the
assurance engagement from planning, to report issuance, to closing
- Perform technical research as required.
- Communicate effectively with all levels intern - partner as
well as engagement details with clients.
- Recognize extended services opportunities.
- Cultivate effective relationships with client and staff.
- Keep current on professional pronouncements.
- Participate on Level Training for junior staff.
- Proactively and effectively participate in performance
- Practice development (recommended).Qualifications
- MBA/BS/MS in Accounting from an accredited college or
university (minimum of 150 college credits).
- Must be a CPA or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- 3+ years of relevant public accounting experience.
- Basic technology skills with proficiency in Excel, Word &
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be
able to listen effectively.
- Work well under pressure and with a team; able to meet
deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent analytical, organization and problem solving
abilities are a must.
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional
judgment while applying specialized proficiencies of a trained
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments;
able to multi-task.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply to
- Have a strong desire to maintain customer service approach
focused on exceeding expectations in all areas
#GD Job Posting Responsibilities Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry,
national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status,
sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other
protected classification under the law.
Keywords: Marcum LLP, New Haven , Assurance Senior New Haven, Accounting, Auditing , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!