Company: Wagner & Zwerman LLP
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Wagner & Zwerman LLP is a dynamic, mid-size public accounting
firm located in Melville, Long Island and due to our firm's
continuous growth, we are looking for an entry level Accountant to
join our stellar team of professionals.
If you are self-motivated, professional, and interested in working
in a growing company, then this position is for you!
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial
statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial
commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and
expenses or to provide advice
- Advise clients about issues such as resource utilization, tax
strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance
with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to
recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial
What are the requirements?
- Minimum Education:
- 4-year degree in Accounting
- Required Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting
- Knowledge of business tax and audit a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
Any other qualifications that WZ is looking for?
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think "outside the
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to
maintain a professional, positive, and affable demeanor, as well as
a sense of humor, under pressure and to a variety of people.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities and manage
time well (both self and others) even when time is short.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate
clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, as well as
proofread and edit documents for grammar and readability.
- Dependability and outstanding organizational ability with
focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to use strong judgment in making independent decisions
that affect others.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite - including
strong Outlook - as well as proficiency using Gmail, Google Drive,
and both Mac and PC products and applications).
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please
send them the link to this job! Thanks very much!
Who is WZ?
For over 55 years, Wagner & Zwerman LLP has been providing quality
accounting and financial services to clients across the globe.
Today, WZ provides their clients with services that follow "The WZ
Way" - an uncommon, refreshing way of viewing a client's financials
with the client's best interests in mind.
Check out their website, but you have to come back here to apply to
Why would I want to work for WZ?
Most accounting firms are about the numbers, financial statements,
tax filings--- it's true. WZ is also about the numbers. That's
where most accounting firms end. For WZ, it's just the beginning!
WZ believes that the professional and personal success of their
employees directly translates to the success of the business.
Working at WZ provides unlimited growth potential along with a
competitive compensation and benefits package. They also offer
flexible hours to accommodate a work-life balance. The WZ office is
brand new with state-of-the-art technology and the building offers
a restaurant and a gym.
At WZ your professional career trajectory is limitless.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Wagner & Zwerman LLP, New Haven , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!