SENIOR CONTROLLER - New Haven, CT
Company: Compass Group, North America
Location: New Haven
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Posted Date: Mar 18, 2020Morrison Healthcare is a leading
national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated
to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems.
Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafs feature
socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences.
The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices wellness and
sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and
an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption.
Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's
(PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41
million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison
has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to
Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training
Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive
years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than
1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000
professional food service team members.Job SummaryThe Operations
Controller provides oversight of financial operations in a
multi-unit Healthcare Foodservice account. This position
collaborates with a centralized accounting department to ensure
operational finance activity is posted timely and accurately.Key
- Responsible to audit all cash handling procedures.
- Perform reconciliation and analysis for month ending
- Review of general ledger and balance sheet.
- Resolving various accounting/reconciliation issues.
- Maintain inventory and cost control procedures.
- Analyze financial results for both cost savings and revenue
- Prepare routine financial reports, daily, weekly, and
- Track and maintain monthly P/L and discuss with management
- Review and thorough understanding of current contract to assure
accurate monthly billing.
- Oversee operational unit with monthly close out process.
- Assist with internal audit reporting and maintain ICR
- Establish a good working relationship with management team and
provide as needed accounting training for operational team
- Performs related duties and special projects as
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years experience with revenue control, financial
reporting and cash handling responsibilities
- Experience with management reporting a plus as well as
operational knowledge and experience
- Adept at planning, organizing and controlling complex processes
as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a
concentration in Excel, POSexperience a plus
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple
- Professional demeanor and presentation.*Language Skills: *
Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication
skillsAbility to read and comprehend moderately complex policies,
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write detailed
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to other associates at all
levels of the organization as well as at senior levels across
client organization.*Mathematical Skills: *Ability to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals; to compute rate, ratio,
and percent and interpret bar graphs. Ability to use a financial
calculator and compute complex financial calculations and
analysis.Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!/Morrison Healthcare is
a member of Compass Group USA/Click here to Learn More about the
Compass StoryCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.*Req ID: * 387167Morrison
HealthcareYVONNE GRAHAMSALARIED EXEMPT
Keywords: Compass Group, North America, New Haven , SENIOR CONTROLLER - New Haven, CT, Accounting, Auditing , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!